Tech – 2023 Summer Internship Program (US) - CR
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Hourly Rate - Min: $30.00
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Hourly Rate - Max: $42.00
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk‘s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities. This is a full-time (40 hours/ week) paid internship program spanning ten weeks from June through August 2023. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located near your assigned office as the program is a hybrid work schedule, requiring you to be in the office at least 2 days per week.
We are hiring in the following U.S. location: Jersey City, New Jersey; Lehi, UT
At Verisk, we have a longstanding commitment to inclusion, diversity & belonging in our workplace and marketplace. Click here to read our statement on Racial, Equity and Diversity and learn more about our Employee Network Groups and our commitment to making a change.
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring careers in tech around the globe. Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance. Our team of nearly 9,000 helps customers make crucial decisions every day about risk—with greater precision, efficiency, and discipline.
Roles We’re Looking to Fill:
- Software Engineer
- Quality Assurance
- Project Management
What You Could Learn (based on the role you're assigned):
- Analyze and develop custom made solutions for global company and high-profile clients
- Employ proficient programming knowledge to create new applications to optimize business
- Uncover and anticipate breaches or security flaws to protect customer information and prevent online threats
- Perform hands-on coding, configuration and testing with a team and individually
- Contribute to new and existing applications along with creating enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure
- Partner with several Project Managers from our Agile Project Management organization to learn firsthand how agile project management practices are used to plan, deliver, and continuously improve value delivery for our business partners
- Working cross-functionally across Data Science, Business Analysis and other teams
What We’re Looking For:
Skills and Knowledge
- Eagerness to learn, take on new projects, and experience all aspects of software development
- Basic working knowledge with program/coding terminology, web/app design, and data management
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology
- Engaged, focused, organized, and detail-oriented problem solvers
You'll notice we did not list specific skills. That's because the "stuff" that matters, the passion, the quantitative mindset, the ability to be a good teammate but also operate independently - these are what we are evaluating you on. We seek innovators who can add to our culture, contribute to our growth, and strive for excellence.
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program or bootcamp with coursework in computer science, data structures, logic and computation, etc.
- Verisk businesses leverage a wide variety of tech stacks, and you may be working on Java, .Net, or something else, depending on the business where you are assigned. It would be helpful (though not required) if you have some of the following experience:
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Front-End: Angular, React, NodeJS
- Back-End: Python, Java, C++, Spring, C#, Microsoft SQL, and other database technologies from Microsoft and/ or AWS
- Don’t worry about knowing all the technologies involved - we’ll teach you, but if you have any prior experience, it’s a definite plus, so please be sure to include your technical skillset on your resume, so we can see your experience and interests
The Internship Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g., H1-B visa)” after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer intern role.
We want to get to know YOU. Once you apply, our team will review your application. Successful candidates will be invited to a two-stage interview process including:
Technical Assessment: Should your profile be a match, we will ask you to complete a HackerRank technical assessment. In the assessment, you'll have an opportunity to code in a language of your choice, and also answer some basic multiple-choice questions. This will help us understand how you approach and solve technical challenges. During this assessment, you'll also have an opportunity to tell us more about your location and job interests.
Final Live Virtual Interview: During this round, you'll speak with members of our technical recruitment committee, who represent all our businesses across the US. At this point, we know you have the technical skills to succeed at Verisk and have the passion for this field. In this final round, it’s all about determining if you are the right fit for Verisk, and Verisk is the right fit for you.
Offer: Our committee will then meet and discuss your candidacy. We will discuss your location, industry, and technical interests, as well as your ability to add to our culture at Verisk. If we extend you an offer, we will advise you as to the business and location where we are placing you.
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.