Market Research Associate
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate
In September 2021, PowerAdvocate became part of Wood Mackenzie. The two businesses have come together, aligning our products, energy data, and technology to meet our customers’ rapidly changing and expanding needs. PowerAdvocate is moving to use the Wood Mackenzie name and brand going forward as we combine our teams and product sets.
By bringing together Wood Mackenzie’s extensive coverage of energy and natural resources with PowerAdvocate’s unique cost and supply chain intelligence, we’re able to provide a greater breadth and depth of market-leading analysis, data, and insight.
We are excited for the future direction of the company and helping to drive forward the energy transition. Visit woodmac.com to find out more.
Wood Mackenzie Supply Chain, formerly PowerAdvocate, delivers data and insights that make energy and natural resource companies more effective and resilient contributors to the global economy. We do that by providing our customers the right data in the right solution to help them reduce costs, manage risks, and accelerate the transition to renewable energy. At our center sit proprietary data sets and leading data science that we combine with our technology to solve our customers’ most complex business problems.
We are also a values-led company. We care for each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our individual differences make us stronger. We are confident and driven, yet practical and humble. We help each other improve with direct, respectful feedback, and we encourage different viewpoints and trust in best intentions.
Are you passionate about energy industry and want to join a team providing cutting edge intelligence to the energy and natural resource markets? Does your perfect work day consist of not only researching complex information to find useful insights and connections but also helping our clients use it to make better decisions? Can you integrate qualitative research to “tell a story” to internal and external stakeholders? Do you have a strong desire to learn new tools and techniques to solve business problems? Wood Mackenzie is seeking a Market Research Analyst to join our growing company. If you thrive in an agile and dynamic environment with a desire to enrich data to deliver superior customer results, we have the job for you.
You will contribute technical expertise to deliver market insights through our suite of software-as-a-service products, including price benchmarking, spend analytics, supply chain risks, carbon (GHG) emissions, supplier and other category insights across all goods and services procured globally by the energy and natural resource industry. You will collaborate with the team to deliver high quality business results in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform research to collect data on companies, product and service categories, and other energy data to deliver market insights
- Qualitative analysis of research data to classify the data accurately and granularly
- Contribute as part of an Agile Scrum team, in a fast-paced environment with high visibility to the rest of the company
- Collaborate with other team members to drive continuous improvement of our product and processes
- Identify roadblocks and demonstrate the ability to provide recommendations for practical solutions
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Applicable Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus
- Create deliverables from primary/secondary research data, with good proficiency in research skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients
- Enjoy cleansing and organizing large data sets, identifying discrepancies, and making appropriate adjustments
- Work within a globally distributed team and work across different projects as per requirement
- Excellent communication – both oral and written, relationship management, and decision-making skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to present and explain technical information
- A self-starter who takes initiative, asks questions, and is eager to learn
- Experience in the energy industry and/or supply chain
- Experience with agile methodologies
At PowerAdvocate, we celebrate differences and are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our workforce to provide opportunities for our employees, our clients and our business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – F/M/D/V
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.