Market Intelligence Analyst
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate
In September 2021, PowerAdvocate became part of Wood Mackenzie. The two businesses have come together, aligning our products, energy data, and technology to meet our customers’ rapidly changing and expanding needs. PowerAdvocate is moving to use the Wood Mackenzie name and brand going forward as we combine our teams and product sets.
By bringing together Wood Mackenzie’s extensive coverage of energy and natural resources with PowerAdvocate’s unique cost and supply chain intelligence, we’re able to provide a greater breadth and depth of market-leading analysis, data, and insight.
We are excited for the future direction of the company and helping to drive forward the energy transition. Visit woodmac.com to find out more.
Wood Mackenzie Supply Chain, formerly PowerAdvocate, delivers data and insights that make energy and natural resource companies more effective and resilient contributors to the global economy. We do that by providing our customers the right data in the right solution to help them reduce costs, manage risks, and accelerate the transition to renewable energy. At our center sit proprietary data sets and leading data science that we combine with our technology to solve our customers’ most complex business problems.
We are also a values-led company. We care for each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our individual differences make us stronger. We are confident and driven, yet practical and humble. We help each other improve with direct, respectful feedback, and we encourage different viewpoints and trust in best intentions.
institutions to governments and smaller market specialists.
Are you passionate about energy industry and want to join a team providing cutting edge intelligence to the energy and natural resource markets? Does your perfect day consist of not only analyzing complex information to find useful insights and connections but also helping our clients use it to make better decisions? Can you integrate qualitative and quantitative analysis to “tell a story” to internal and external stakeholders? Do you have a strong desire to learn new tools and techniques to solve business problems? Wood Mackenzie is seeking a Market Intelligence member to join our growing company. If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you work with clients to solve critical cost, risk, and carbon problems, we have the job for you.
The Market Intelligence Group (MIG) is a team responsible for managing the market insights delivered through our suite of software-as-a-service products, including price benchmarking, escalation, forecasting, commodity exposure, supplier and other category insights across all goods and services procured globally by the energy and natural resource industry. These insights are most often leveraged to identify opportunities to save money and reduce risks. We are a hybrid group that wears many hats: consultant, economist, market researcher, intelligence analyst and product owner. In our hybrid role, we collaborate closely with all teams in the company, including product development, data science, client services, sales & marketing and customer success, among others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A candidate could be a generalist across many or all of these or a specialist on select duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for MIG clients as an expert on Wood Mackenzie products and the energy and natural resource industries.
- Support the sales process including development of a compelling value proposition, solution development, proposal development and product demonstrations.
- Work closely with Wood Mackenzie’s proprietary platform and with other experts to develop price forecasts and make market analysis recommendations to our clients.
- Conduct primary research for published analyses using industry sources, including competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
- Create reports with both conceptual analysis and quantitative findings to show market trends to our clients.
- Assume responsibility for functional area expertise in spend categories that are critical to our clients’ decision making.
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, analysis, and audit of large datasets, relying on well-structured procedures and maintaining reproducibility of results.
- Combine existing data in new ways. Cleanse and enrich data to make it more powerful. Pioneer new ways to analyze and visualize data.
- The MIG Analyst contributes as part of an Agile Scrum team, in a fast-paced environment with high visibility to the rest of the company.
- 1 – 10 years’ experience in the energy or natural resource sector
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
- Enjoys organizing large data sets, identifying discrepancies, and making appropriate adjustments
- Experience with programming, data proofing, mining, and cleaning is a plus.
- Python, R skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with success in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in a client-facing role a plus
- Experience and/or interested in energy, labor, and commodity markets
- Applicable Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Engineering with a quantitative, statistical, and/or economics focus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.