EMEA Analytics Engagement Lead - Verisk Claims
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Do you have experience in building data models and looking to step up into more of a project management/ client engagement role? Are you self driven and looking to join a fast growing team and business where opportunities to learn and grow are plenty and where there literally is not a dull moment?
If yes we would love to hear from you!
In this role you would:
- Mentor and train junior level analysts
- Manage multiple projects or work streams through all the cycles of the analytical continuum of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Act as the resident subject matter expert in developing innovative analytic methods that result in a technically superior product and/or create a competitive advantage, as well as creating design requirements and project timeline
- Lead research, evaluation, and recommendation of internal and external data sources and coordinate with data resources
- Serve as an enterprise innovation leader on data munging, variable creation, variable transformation, etc., as well as best-practices in the creation of analytic datasets
- Serve as the leader in model development and validation analyses - from driving pragmatic practice of methods to devising novel solutions and diagnostic measures, to coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Lead the development and execution of methods to address needed business diagnostics; review, and aid productisation and deployment
- Provide significant input to senior leadership team and Product Management on process improvement, implementation specifications and production testing
- Act as a leader to develop process and metrics to monitor model performance
- Review reports and make recommendations for needed model refits / enhancements
- Engage with customers, both internal and external, to promote Verisk as a leader in Claims decision support products and analytical innovation.
- Understand customers issues and gather feedback to help create our overall analytics strategy and roadmap
- Provide significant input to Senior Management Team and Product Management on implementation specifications and production testing
- Potential to manage staff including goal setting, performance evaluation, effective resource allocation and career/skill development, hiring and training
- Research literature to stay current on technical methods to solve specific problems
Requirements (Essential & Desirable):
- Graduate (B.Sc) degree in a quantitative discipline or an M.Sc. required would be preferred
- Professional experience working in a Data Science environment, preferably with a track record of product innovation.
- Ability to engage with all levels of both internal and external stakeholders to create and champion our UK and EU Analytics strategy. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to present often complex topics to a variety of audiences in an understandable manner
- Strong commercial focus
- Coordinate the development of analytical solutions and project development across the whole of the UK and EU claims business including writing plans, monitoring and reporting performance to plan.
- Lead the maintenance and support of existing solutions, presenting to clients and overseeing client project/enhancement work where necessary.
- Exposure to the General Insurance industry is highly desirable, and experience with insurance claims focused analytics is a plus.
- Prior people management experience preferred.
- Push us ahead of the competition by maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities.
- Ability to lead complex projects from model design to deployment.
- Extensive experience working with large datasets.
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in diverse statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. - GLM/Regression, Boosting, Random Forest, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, text mining, social network analysis etc.). Experience with Network Analytics preferred.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc., and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) is highly desirable
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.