- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
• Utilizes statistical and machine learning techniques to create high-performing models that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements and address business objectives and client needs.
• Ability to research and develop new approaches, keeping up to date. Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions. Implements as needed.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results clearly
• Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
• Creates clear and easy to understand documents for models.
• Presents analysis ideas, progress reports and results to internal and external customers
• Collaborates with Lead Data Scientist to develop technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Participates in collaborations for implementation.
• Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
• Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
• Graduate-level degree preferred with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, computer science or aligned discipline.
• 2-4 years practical experience working as a data scientist applying machine learning to real-world problems
• Great communication skills to articulate technical aspect of model development to internal and external customers
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Classification, Regression, Clustering, Feature Engineering, Decision Trees, Gradient Boosting etc
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Anaconda, TensorFlow, SQL, Scikit-learn, Keras
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, regulation
• Logical, evidence-based problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Team focused and evidence of supporting project team members.
• Exposure to credit or financial modeling
• Working familiarity with cloud computing environments.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.