Business Development Executive
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: G2 Web Services
G2 Web Services a Verisk business, is a leading global provider of merchant risk management solutions, including due diligence, compliance, and fraud protection. Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Bellevue, WA, USA, G2 helps acquirers and other payment providers take on the appropriate level of risk in their merchant portfolios, while protecting against brand damage, illegal activity and noncompliance assessments. Only G2 Web Services has the experience, data, and skills to provide customers with comprehensive solutions that transform the way they manage and monitor merchant and business risk. Our platform has been built through over a decade of partnership with acquiring banks around the world and the major U.S. card networks and uses advanced technologies combined with expert analysts to deliver value to our customers worldwide. To learn more about G2 please visit us at: www.g2webservices.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
G2 has a large, valued, and diverse client base of acquiring banks, processors, ISOs and payment brands across the globe, for which the company provides merchant risk and compliance intelligence and services. This sales leader is responsible for managing the sales organization and developing, expanding, and retaining clients, to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and that annual sales and renewal targets are achieved.
What We Are Looking For:
G2 is seeking a Business Development Manager to manage the process of lead and prospect qualification, driving potential new sales opportunities into the pipeline, and introducing new business opportunities. This position will include working closely with the Marketing team to develop targeted outreach campaigns for new leads and prospects as well as supporting revenue growth across the existing client base.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Aptitude to become a master of G2 product capabilities, underlying technology, competitive advantages, and how we specifically meet our customer’s needs
- Building and increasing market share while offering remarkable service
- Cold-calling prospects to begin sales cycle
- Continuously analyze open opportunities to ensure appropriate classification and resource alignment
- Demonstrates expertise in market trends, growing business needs and provides current marketplace thought leadership to key senior stakeholders and decision makers within the client enterprise
- Develops meaningful highly valued relationships and aligns solution propositions to client business imperatives
- Manage a rigorous customer planning process designed to create and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline that yields strong recurring revenue growth
- Participates in weekly opportunity pipeline reviews and guides the necessary adjustment to tactical and strategic plans
- Sourcing prospective clients and identifying decision makers within targeted leads
- Guiding opportunities through qualification, into and through the sales process
- Quoting prices and preparing proposals
- Collaborating with BD Head, Product, Marketing and Sales colleagues to determine sales approaches
- Supporting business development for existing clients and prospects
- Tracking all activity, results, and customer data in Salesforce
- Consistently meeting or exceeding established personal sales quotas, department and corporate goals
- Collaborates closely with the client and internal solution subject matter experts to continuously add value to existing solutions (enhancements needed) and provide market knowledge
- Deliver the sales/revenue goals as established by the BD Head.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Required: Experience in the Payments, Financial Services or Risk industries
- 7+ years of business development experience
- Self-motivated, positive attitude with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Superior written and oral communication, decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to talk on the phone with ease and confidence
- Able to support complex sales negotiations; use multiple problem-solving techniques
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control and time management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Success in establishing relationships necessary to renew and grow existing clients
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to travel as necessary, min. 25%
- Experience with Salesforce
- The position is placed in the US
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.