Senior Manager, Data Analytics
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Verisk Business: Commerce Signals, Inc.
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Commerce Signals connects advertising data to payment partner data to determine which marketing tactics are driving incremental sales in-store and online. With faster and more granular measurements, clients eliminate waste by optimizing their marketing spending while campaigns are still in-flight. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Manage key product data structures for insights, measurement, and targeting related products.
- Develop data driven solutions for all products, while taking into consideration existing data challenges, data restrictions and potential alternate uses of final output.
- Hypothesize and recommend product enhancements by leveraging a deep understanding of our data, customers, and business.
- Serve as a thought partner for counterparts on Product, Operations, and Engineering teams to influence the roadmap.
- Implement discipline of product development and production to all deliverables
- Manage and train junior team members to deliver high quality solutions that can be easily re-purposed or customized for future engagements
- Prepare plan and manage timeline and resources for each project
- Oversee the execution of junior staff members to deliver projects
- Effectively manage multiple client engagements
- Proactively identify roadblocks or issues and escalate to senior management as required
- 5+ years of analytics experience + Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in a quantitative field.
- 2+ years as an Analytics manager.
- Proficiency in SQL (ETL experience preferred).
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Strong communication skills, specifically driving projects in a leadership role.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical modeling techniques.
- Effective problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of junior analysts.
- Excellent project management and team management skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivated self-starter, with a strong work ethic.
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
- Product Analytics experience is a plus.
- Experience in media targeting, measurement effectiveness a plus.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.