Lead Systems Engineer Linux
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Argus
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Lead Systems Engineer I role supports our open-source technology environments and is responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining all server, storage and infrastructure systems across the organization. The role is responsible to maintain the health and upkeep of systems, servers, applications, storage, and other infrastructure across production, internal and cloud environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
A successful Lead Systems Engineer I will be able to perform the following at an exceptional level:
- Build and install servers, network, storage, and other core infrastructure components
- Build and maintain virtual machines using VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise infrastructure
- Install, configure, and maintain Ubuntu Linux virtual servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex application and system problems independent of others
- Deploy and maintain configuration management standards using Chef and other automation tools
- Install and deploy internal software releases to production; participate as a peer member of the software release and production application support team
- Build and support Development, QA and Staging environments; provide system and application support to Development and QA users
- Perform system backup and recovery including data replication and disaster recovery support
- Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity, participate in change control process for system changes
- Monitor and maintain all systems to meet or exceed the goals for system and application uptime
- Create and maintain system documentation for new and existing infrastructure
- Develop scripts and other tools to automate system and operational processes
- Responsible to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide mission critical support for production systems
- Use ServiceNow ticketing system to respond and communicate work status to users and system alerts
- Able to accurately schedule and manage multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a production system or network administrator
- Solid understanding of multiple OS environments (Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server)
- Ability to build and maintain process automation scripts for administering multiple systems
- Hands on production experience with the following technologies: Chef, Hadoop, MySQL, Postgres, Elastic Search, VMware vSphere, Juniper, HP ISS, HP 3Par, F5 LTM, Nagios, Cacti
- Experience using SolarWinds or similar monitoring tools and alerts
- ServiceNow experience a plus
- AWS DevOps experience desirable
- Has strong written and verbal communication. Has the ability to write documentation and convey complex ideas in a way that the intended audience can understand.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to root cause and potential contributing components to reach a determination on cause factors. Once determined, suggest, communicate, and implemented a resolution or mitigation to prevent repetitive failures.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.