Principal Systems Engineer I
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Argus
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Principal Systems Engineer Lead will provide top level escalation support of the technology environments throughout the company and is responsible to provide technical leadership to the Systems Engineering team supporting and maintaining all server, storage, and virtualization systems across the VFS organization. This role will provide technical and project management direction to plan, execute and coordinate IT work withing the Systems Engineering team. This role works in conjunction with other IT resource to create and execute a future roadmap and migration plan of on-premise systems to the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities
A successful Principal Systems Engineer Lead will be able to perform each of the following at an exceptional level:
- Works with Technology leadership to define a roadmap for systems and infrastructure support
- Support and maintain servers, storage, virtualization and other on-prem infrastructure components to support a high degree of uptime
- Lead new technology initiatives while creating standards for technology hardware and software
- Plan and execute infrastructure upgrades and maintenance tasks to ensure systems are up to date, reduce vulnerability risk and are aligned to corporate compliance standards
- Support internal business users and operations staff using internal systems, applications, and infrastructure
- Plan and perform system backup and recovery including data replication and disaster recovery to the cloud
- Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity, participate in change control process for system changes
- Monitor and maintain all systems to meet or exceed the goals for system and application uptime
- Create Network and System documentation of new and existing infrastructure as needed
- Develop scripts and other tools to automate system and operational processes
- Responsible to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide mission critical support for production systems
- Able to accurately schedule and manage multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Resolves complex problems and actively participate or lead actions for evolutionary environment improvements
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a production system administrator or equivalent support role
- 5+ years of System Design and Architecture experience
- Solid understanding of multiple OS environments (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Soft Skills
- Has strong written and verbal communication. Has the ability to write documentation and convey complex ideas in a way that the intended audience is able to understand.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to potential contributing components and reach a determination on cause factors and their resolution.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers or customer representatives such as customer service and product management understands requirements and can translate them into efficient system designs and operational support structures.
- Ability to incorporate daily sustaining roles with progress on strategic improvements, issues, deciding what requires the greatest immediate attention and coordination actions to layer focus for maximum efficiency
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.