Junior Tech Support Developer / Sequel Client Support
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We place a premium on meeting our customers' high expectations of our products. Through contracted support services our support team plays a key role in post implementation processes, as well as in the longer-term customer experience.
This junior position is to support a wide variety of bespoke applications and technologies based on a variety of platforms. This role delivers third line support, including technical investigations, code fixes, and work around solutions which would require knowledge and interest in the analyzing, debugging and fixing of code of a specific product.
Main responsibilities of the role would include:
- Build an understanding (including the rationale and benefits) of & be proficient in executing and adhering to department processes.
- Working within a team environment, persons fulfilling this role will be responsible for investigating and resolving application and system issues across multiple products.
- Provides technical support and assistance to clients or business support.
- Have awareness level knowledge of business processes and associated products which Sequel sells to help clients deliver their business processes.
- Addresses and responds to enquiries on organizational products and services, including installation, operational functions, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Resolve simple incidents and assist in resolving complex incidents and events, observing operational priority, impact and SLAs, in a timely manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Complete IT Requests in an effective manner, by understanding the true business requirement, outcome and suitable technical solutions.
- Learn about the technology Sequel utilises, the industry we support and products we sell.
- Ensure that any risks or concerns are raised with senior management or via standard process.
- Ensure that client’s data is secure and properly managed.
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role.
- Positive attitude and ability to provide great customer service.
- Aptitude to learn.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- A formal tertiary qualification, preferably a completed degree in computer science, business information systems or similar.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical internal stakeholders.
- An aptitude towards problem-solving and team engagement – demonstrate ability to investigate and resolve a variety of software issues, business process focused to more technical database issues.
- Confidence to seek support of peers and management as required.
- Good grasp of Microsoft Office.
- Programming experience in Microsoft technologies (C#)
- Familiarity with MVC, Angular 2, and TFS, including Release Management, is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL/relational databases and reporting tools such as SSRS
- Understanding/experience of Insurance operations
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and management of teams to deliver desired business outcomes.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.