- Lehi, UT, USA
- Verisk Business: Xactware
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Xactware is the leading provider of software solutions and services for property claims and underwriting professionals. It’s newest division, Property Technology Solutions, is aggressively working to create solutions for foreclosure, remodel, and real estate professionals.
We are looking for full-stack Software Engineers who have experience in delivering SaaS applications. As part of a small agile development team, you will have significant influence on our strategy and shaping the future of the product by defining product features and system architecture. If you know how to deliver quality products and eagerly seek to delight customers, we want to talk to you.
· Help design and implement the overall architecture of the project
· Work as part of an agile team to design and launch new features
· Maintain application quality and ensure responsiveness
· Continuously help the team to improve by being actively involved in team meetings and ceremonies (retrospectives, demos, standups, etc. …)
· C# or other backend development language
· Communication protocols: HTTP, RESTful APIs
· MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
· Angular or other frontend web development framework
· AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, IAM
· Microservices architecture
· Distributed systems methods and practices
· Continuous integration and deployment methods and practices
· Automated testing and software verification (unit, integration, E2E)
· Containerization and container orchestration · Kubernetes
· Ability to learn quickly, teach oneself and adopt to new technologies and opportunities
· Desire to be a part of a fast-moving agile team
· Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering from four-year college or university with minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent work experience
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.