Principal Product Designer
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk 3E is looking for an experienced Principal Product Designer to join the Product team in Carlsbad, CA. As a Principal Product Designer, you will bring your expertise in design techniques related to customer discovery, development of prototypes, product usability, to name a few.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Product Manager to shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities, creating strong partnerships internally, and identifying opportunities to improve and extend our products to benefit our users
- Be comfortable developing multiple, divergent concepts before finalizing based on research and experimentation
- Conduct product discovery activities including prototype design, user testing and data analysis to support product manager decisioning
- Develop interaction design for new features and ensure product in aligned with marketing visual brand principles
- Develop appropriately detailed user stories and requirements for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development team
- Work with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog and prioritize activities based on business value and customer impact
- Provide an active role in identifying and mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Sprint or product release goals
- Develop and analyze customer feedback to prioritize product enhancements and new development opportunities
- Manage schedule and work with stakeholders to ensure successful product releases
- 5+ years experience acting as a Product Designer UI/UX Design or related role required
- Experience working in an Agile software development with SaaS models preferred
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional and remote teams
- Creative thinker with a passion for delivering best in class products and user experience
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business field preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.