Senior Software Engineer I (.Net)
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a developer with C# and MS SQL Server experience to join AIR’s growing Software Development team. Our expert software engineer team provides our clients with sophisticated modeling and analytical products to analyze the impact of catastrophic events like hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks and estimates the replacement value of residential and commercial properties.
In order to be qualified for this role you must have a deep understanding of smart-client design as well as have Familiarity with different design technologies, paradigms and application frameworks
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- You will design middleware components in a smart client, SOA architecture using C#
- Collaborate with developers across tiers
- You will develop unit tests for newly implemented components in MS Visual Studio
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes.
Must have the following technical expertise:
- 3+ years of experience in developing commercial-grade .NET applications using C# as the programming language
- Should have good understanding of .NET framework
- Should be able to understand and implement mathematical algorithms
- Should have work experience on WCF.
- OOP/Object/Component-oriented design and programming
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
- Code reviews, pair programming
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Should be familiar with version controlling packages like TFS/VSS
- Experience working on MS SQL Server
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Optional-- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Unit testing frameworks for C#/.NET
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- LINQ, Entity Framework and C++
- Experience on GIS tools and domain.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.