Senior Software Engineer I (C++)
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. While meeting the position requirements is essential, we’re also interested in your ability to communicate, collaborate and influence ideas within and outside of your immediate team. The key responsibilities on this role include, but not limited to
- Realize increasing catastrophe model capabilities and extreme complex data analytics in software product
- Design, develop and enhance the application features.
- Deliver technical design analysis, documentation, implementation, and unit-testing of software enhancements and bug fixes
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes
- Collaborate with other developers
Skills Set Required:
- Hands-on experience in C++, Data Structures and STL
- Sound knowledge of core C++ / object oriented design & programming concepts
- Expertise in ATL / COM
- Good knowledge of T-SQL (SQL server/ PostgreSQL) and database programming with SQL Server
- Knowledge of .NET framework with C# is an added advantage
- Should be able to understand and implement mathematical algorithms
- Strong debugging & problem-solving skills
- Code reviews, pair programming
- Should possess a positive attitude and ability to multi-task, stay organized in a dynamic team work environment
- Should possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.