Director, Quality Assurance
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Director, Quality Assurance
We are seeking a visionary leader with a proven track record to join us in managing our global model validation process for Insurance/Reinsurance risk modeling solutions. You will be responsible for delivering the high quality software, with an uncompromising commitment to the fidelity of the numbers, in an agile environment. The successful candidate should be able to comprehend complex new technologies, come up to speed quickly and adapt to evolving requirements.
- Build and develop a high performing team and drive a high-level validation strategy ensuring a stable version of delivery throughout the release cycle.
- Direct strategic development, management and deployment of QA resources.
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding of current applications, domain knowledge, and business requirements.
- Collaborate with peer groups across the company to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Understand team dynamics and priorities of each functional stakeholder and work with them to make project progress promptly.
- Report to top management on the relevant quality metrics & consistently improve the metrics.
- Ensure that the project milestones and deliverables are adhered to, and the work is completed according to the schedule with the quality that meets or beats customer expectations.
- Build and maintain a culture of innovation, agility, and data-based decision making.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls matrices, security, and particularly protecting intellectual properties.
- Mentor managers to implement best practices to motivate and organize their teams.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Minimum 10+ Years’ experience working in an Agile software development team.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing up to a 20 direct reports.
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent management and leadership skills; Should be able to articulate a vision and drive execution equally well.
- Experience with building and/or validating numerical probabilistic models in engineering, science or mathematics is a must.
- In depth understanding of insurance/reinsurance workflows and requirements.
- Knowledge of C#, C++, Java or any other object-oriented programming language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with global teams & managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with the senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy.
- Cutting edge technology competencies to lead and contribute directly (hands-on) to architecture, development, QA; technical skills and breadth of experience to lead a team across technical disciplines.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.