Risk Analyst / Risk Consultant
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
AIR Worldwide is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and ambitious Risk Analyst/ Consultant to join our Consulting and Client Service Team. The mission of our team is to build client relationships based on the detailed knowledge of AIR’s extreme event management products to meet the needs of our client’s modeling workflow, so they can easily understand their risk. We strive to provide exemplary service and support that allows clients to obtain the maximum value from the products and services they license from AIR.
If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your career and join a company who is committed to diversity, while informing and influencing the future direction of extreme event modeling, please apply now!
- Perform sophisticated risk analyses using AIR's cutting-edge technology for insurers, brokers, reinsurers and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of extreme event risk management.
- Respond to client questions in a timely manner and help bring them to an efficient and accurate resolution by working collaboratively with our internal teams.
- Design and deliver trainings to new and existing clients across the full range of our solutions to an audience with a mixed experience level.
- Perform a wide of range of risk analyses in support of consulting projects, client support, and internal initiatives.
- Communicate directly with clients to develop project timelines and manage deliverable expectations.
- Employ project management best practices when performing consulting studies and other mid- to large-scale projects.
- Develop strong relationships with model users and consumers of model results within our clients; learn their workflows and objectives, and provide proactive service to help them avoid pitfalls and to leverage our solutions optimally.
- Participate in the on-boarding efforts for new clients in close coordination with our internal teams as needed. This includes training, workflow design, the usage and interpretation of model results, and addressing challenges related to adopting or transitioning to AIR.
- Work closely with our business development and senior management teams to develop and maintain client-specific performance objectives.
- Support model and product change management efforts when model updates or new features are introduced in our software.
- Provide input to our internal teams regarding the evolution of our products based on client feedback and your internal usage of our products. Remain engaged with the internal teams through feature design, development and release.
- Support our business development team in sales efforts in a technical and a pre-sales support capacity.
- Represent AIR in a range of forums including at our conferences, industry events, media opportunities and one-on-one meetings.
- Serve as an ambassador of AIR to our clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree that included quantitative courses such as mathematics, actuarial science, business or computer science
- Ability to analyze data using analytical tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Detailed and Results orientated
- Client Service focused
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.