Software Developer, SaaS
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
Be a part of a dynamic software development group at AIR contributing to design and development of next generation AWS cloud-native SaaS product suite. Focusing on our analytics platform, you are expected to work in an agile team to help plan and design new features, write clean, testable and performant code, provide automated tests, as well as resolve customer issues.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- You will be working in a Scrum team structure collaborating with a Solution Architect and your peers on design and development tasks assigned as sprint deliverables.
- You will be expected to conduct formal design reviews with other project stakeholders.
- Periodically, you will work on PoC (Proof-of-Concept) tasks researching technological feasibility of proposed solutions.
- You will unit/system-test, trouble-shoot, debug, and resolve any software functional and performance defects.
- Be a key member of the Agile team in the delivery of our suite of next-generation innovative cloud SaaS solutions.
- Design and develop the back-end microservices and API.
- Proactively improve development process by implementing the best practices for SDLC.
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Good communicator and listener
- Eager to learn business and product domain
- Eager to innovate while working on clean-slate problems as well as on enhancing exiting products & codebases
- Taking pride in your work - being a quick and with attention to detail and quality
Required Technical skills
- 5+ years of industry experience developing commercial software products
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to translate functional requirements and conceptual architecture into formalized design specification
- Fluent programming skillset in C# on .Net[Core]
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing and SaaS concepts and best practices
- Hands-on experience developing SaaS systems on Amazon cloud leveraging AWS PaaS technologies
Preferred Technical skills
- Ideal candidate will also have prior experience with…
- Windows and Microsoft technology stack
- HPC (High Performance Computing) systems
- C++ programming
- System performance diagnostics and optimization techniques
- Unit-testing and DevOps tooling
Desired education and/or certification
- B.S in Math, EE, CS or Software Engineering; M.S. preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.