Product Manager - Charlotte, NC
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Verisk Business: Lundquist Consulting, Inc
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
LCI is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead opportunities in the bankruptcy space. This role involves a unique blend of strategic and operational responsibilities. The Product Manager will work with engineering, sales and operations teams to drive product development and market adoption. As LCI focuses on growing into new markets, the role will help determine which features to prioritize and segments to pursue.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience building and driving new products, either vertically or horizontally, and a background in technology-based information businesses with a keen focus on consistent and rapid results.
The position requires a strategic thinker, exceptional stakeholder management and program leadership, strong execution skills. This position will be heavily involved in shaping the future of the business to create and drive new growth initiatives and managing existing ones.
- Be the voice of the customer and oversee the product discovery process to proactively identify new product opportunities, while working closely with Sales
- Own all aspects of developing, initiating, and implementing strategies for new and existing lines of business including the product, operations, marketing and sales strategy
- Own the current and future product roadmap; draft requirements, develop and assign priorities within the product backlog
- Drive design, build, launch, and expansion phases of product life cycle. Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency on milestones is maintained
- Understand competitive position in the market and develop a strategy to address risks and opportunities
- Determine, communicate, and help achieve revenue goals
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and support new business initiatives
- 4+ years’ experience in product management, with a proven track record of achieving growth goals
- Experience in SaaS-based technology or information businesses is highly desired with preferred experience in financial services
- Strong critical thinking analytical and financial skills; strong business acumen
- Experience working with in-house development and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and synchronize across highly cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly develop strong relationships, embracing collaboration to influence peers and external partners
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Bias for action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, fast-moving environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.