Senior Technical Writer
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Senior Technical Writers create documentation and user assistance for AIR’s suite of solutions. This may include documentation for:
- Catastrophic event model methods, theories, histories, and reference data
- Software application procedures and concepts
- Loss figures, code listings, and other reference data
- API and database documentation
- Product and feature summaries
- Revision histories and known issues listings
- Customer notifications
- Internal processes and procedures
- Post completed deliverables to the customer portal
- Create and manage content files
- Report status, time use and progress as directed by management
- Serve as mentors to junior team members.
- Help to establish team and company processes and goals.
Senior Technical Writers:
- Perform their duties with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meet or exceed established timeline and quality expectations.
- Manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Are experts at gathering product information from all available sources: written, human, and technological. They know where to look and who to ask for answers.
- Quickly become proficient with their assigned products and the associated technologies and terminology.
- Can accurately approximate the level of effort associated with most assignments.
- Design their own deliverables, within established guidelines.
- Have the knowledge and experience to successfully troubleshoot technical issues.
Required experience includes:
- An MA or BA/BS in Technical Writing and Communication, Computer Science, Physical or Life Science, or a related field. Advanced degree a definite plus.
- 7-10 years of direct experience authoring software documentation and user assistance, with demonstrated success in a collaborative environment.
- Experience leading projects, managing priorities and timelines.
- Experience with XML, DITA, HTML, and CSS.
- An understanding of structured authoring approaches and tools.
- An understanding of topic-based authoring and minimalist writing.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, source control systems, screen capture software, and content management systems.
Desired experience includes:
- Experience with managing people.
- Experience creating developer documentation, including API and database references.
- Experience working on Scrum teams in an Agile development environment.
- Understanding of Cloud-based delivery systems.
- The ability to update code snippets to provide examples.
- Experience customizing the DITA Open Toolkit.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.