Senior Software Engineer - Integration (.Net)
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
At AIR Worldwide we love to integrate systems. When things get in the way of productivity, the systems integrator steps in to remove the hurdles. The AIR’s Integration Services team is responsible to identify time-consuming manual processes and build automated solutions that are reliable and scalable. You listen to AIR Worldwide employees and clients to transform their needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop the recommended solution. Whether it be a client solution or internal process improvement, you will help the end users to work smarter, faster, and efficiently. You will be in the AIR Hyderabad office reporting to the AIR headquarters in Boston.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
As a systems integrator you will be working extensively across several teams within AIR and our clients that uses AIR’s suite of Risk Modeling and Analytics products. Following are the responsibilities for this job position.
- Design, develop and maintain automation solutions to streamline the client’s processes, eliminate manual steps and to improve the overall productivity.
- Ability to understand client’s workflow and business processes required to integrate with AIR’s product suite.
- Contribute to the development of AIR Cloud working with the latest AWS services.
- Provide feedback to the software development group regarding client facing APIs.
- Develop robust, innovative, and user-friendly web applications, including consumer facing web experiences.
- Integrate with platforms such as Okta, Salesforce and Eloqua.
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Expertise in object-oriented design and analysis.
- Multiple years of experience working with C# and .NET technologies.
- Knowledge of developing and integrating with Web, REST, GRPC and SOAP APIs.
- Fluent in web technologies and scripting languages such as: Java Script, Angular, CSS and HTML.
- Knowledge of database concepts and experience working with relational databases like Microsoft SQL or MySQL.
- Experience working with Python, Java or other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and any cloud certifications is a plus.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.