Political and ESG Risk Analyst/Senior Analyst – Russia and Post-Soviet States
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk Maplecroft’s Europe and Central Asia Risk Insights team is responsible for developing the company’s qualitative analysis and forecasts relating to political, security, social, economic and regulatory risks across the Eurasian continent. The team works closely with Verisk Maplecroft’s analytics, consulting, human rights and environment teams on products and analysis relevant to a wide range of clients.
Verisk Maplecroft has been providing clients with quantitative and qualitative analysis in the political, social, and environmental spheres since 2001. The Risk Insights team contributes to the development and production of our unrivalled risk exposure datasets, covering 150 issues and 198 countries globally. The team combines these quantitative tools with unrivalled country expertise to deliver unique commercial insights to our clients.
As a trusted advisor to clients, Verisk Maplecroft also provides bespoke solutions to companies, institutional investors, governments, and international organisations in a variety of sectors, including natural resources, financial services, and consumer goods. As a key member of our Europe and Central Asia Risk Insights research team, you will be involved in ad hoc, research-based consulting projects alongside other responsibilities.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Analyst in our Europe and Central Asia Team focusing on Russia and the former Soviet Union. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in using quantitative data sets to produce compelling and insightful visualisations to provide political and ESG risk focused insights for corporate clients. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for supporting the Europe and Central Asia team in generating in-depth and forward-looking analysis of political, regulatory, economic, social and security developments in the region for a wide range of clients. We are seeking a candidate who has, first and foremost, the skillset to use data to tell complex stories to non-expert audiences as well as deep subject matter expertise in FSU and experience of producing first class analysis on the region.
- Supports the production of consistent, sophisticated, high-quality data driven analysis to address key commercially relevant political, economic and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues across Russia and the FSU.
- Uses risk indices, analytics and other quantitative capabilities to support qualitative research to bring industry-leading analysis to clients.
- Contributes to the overall output of the Europe and Central Asia team through continuous peer-review of research output, as well as collaborating with other regional, thematic and consulting teams.
- Ensures that content remains deeply client focused, data-led, and sector specific where relevant.
- Act as a source of live insight for Verisk Maplecroft’s clients via analyst calls and ad hoc presentations.
- Interacts regularly with contacts and clients at a senior level within a region or sector, understanding priorities, advising and enhancing Maplecroft’s reputation.
- Contributes to the updating and reviewing of Verisk Maplecroft’s qualitative risk indices in accordance with our methodologies and procedures.
- Supports members of the Verisk Maplecroft sales teams with business development activities as a representative of the Europe and Central Asia Risk Insights team.
- Robust quantitative skills, including proficiency with statistical techniques; experience in data visualisation is a necessity.
- Master’s degree in economics, international relations, political science, area studies or a similar relevant field is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 2-3 years of experience in a relevant field, including political risk analysis or consulting preferred.
- Understanding of salient political, social and regulatory issues and developments within the Russia and FSU region, particularly with regards to sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and geopolitics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to audiences of different levels of expertise.
- Excellent written and spoken English, particularly in relation to analytical writing.
- Professional competency in Russian would be a distinct advantage.
- Excels in a collaborative environment which translates into an ability to work with colleagues in multiple locations across different time zones.
- An ability to thrive in an environment of robust peer review.
- Organisational and planning skills and the ability to work independently
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.