- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
As an AI/ML Intern, you’ll be expected to participate in high-impact and high-quality applied R&D; on projects internal and collaborative with business and academic partners; to create translational and transformative AI/ML technology, solutions and services for our business partners; to conduct cutting edge, highly visible and impactful research; and to help grow the Verisk| AI team and brand in relevant R&D and business communities. You will be working under the guidance of (and reporting to) senior staff (senior engineers, scientists, project and/ or R&D managers).
- AI/ML Research & Development: Work under the guidance of senior staff to conduct high impact and publishable industrial R&D; work on various phases of AI/ML projects: requirements engineering and mathematical modeling, solution and algorithm development, implementation and testing; performance evaluation and hardening;
- Technology and Services: Work in internal, cross-functional and collaborative teams to build technologies, products and services and deliver high quality artifacts involving data analytics in a timely fashion;
- Technical Communication: Share details of ongoing work and results via regular presentations; help with the creation of POCs and live demonstrations of the same to peers, management, clients as well as to the AI/ML research community;
- Intellectual Property: Contribute to technical reports and drafts for research publications, invention disclosures and patent applications;
- Personal Growth: Actively work on improving theoretical and applied understanding in relevant areas of AI/ ML, problem domains, state-of-the-art tools, innovation skills.
- Currently enrolled in a B.S., M.S., or Ph. D. program in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, AI, or a related discipline
- Expertise & hands-on experience in AI, ML, CV, NLP or a related area; publications in relevant top-tier conferences or journals highly desirable
- Proficiency in relevant programming languages (e.g. Python), and, relevant tools and libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to learn quickly
- Passion for applied research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.