Technical Services Associate
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The Technical Services Associate plays a leadership role in implementing the technical aspects of our client’s installation and supporting internal and external technical issues. In conjunction with other client facing teams, you will ensure successful client implementation of AIR solutions and be responsible for the successful deployment of new product releases to AIR clients environments. You will handle installation testing of AIR product. You will have an opportunity to work with new and exciting technologies, such as Microsoft HPC, Microsoft SQL, VMware and AWS, and be among the first to test and ensure all AIR products work seamlessly with the newest technologies by aiding in the installation and testing of AIR products. You will work collaboratively with multiple departments to ensure successful execution of installations and deployments.
You must be able to work independently on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. You will represent the organization on specific projects/teams and work directly with clients or through Client Services Managers.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provide front-line technical support via phone and email to internal and external clients with AIR Software
- Ensure all implementation requirements are defined correctly, and translate those requirements into system configuration
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve problems during implementation
- Maintain checklist documentation to ensure quality implementations and deployments
- Identify client issues and work with internal teams to create a strategy to address problems
- Maintain the lines of communication by providing effective feedback and communicate strategy with clients, including dates for resolution of open issues
- Test and configure systems to replicate client environments
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to be on the on-call rotation for two weeks every three month
- 2 - 5 years technical experience in a deployment, application support or technical support role, with a proven background in client interfacing
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Well-developed PC skills using Microsoft Windows
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all technical stakeholders including employees, customers and prospective clients
- Knowledge of Installshield, PowerShell, Jenkins or HPC, AWS is a plus
- Insurance knowledge is a definite plus
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
Benefits (but not limited to)
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension- 8% employer contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Insurance; accidental insurance, critical illness
- Financial initiatives like loans, company, commuter assistance
- Health Assessments, Mental Health Support, Gym membership, vaccinations
This position doesn't qualify for sponsorship. Applicants should be authorised to work in the UK.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.