Data Quality Manager
- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
About The Role
Do you want to work for a global organization where data is at the heart of everything we do? Are you passionate about data quality? Are you excited about providing customers with the data they’ll rely on to navigate the changing energy and natural resources landscape?
We are looking for a Data Quality Manager to become a highly influential member of our data organization – working across our business to embed a common approach to measuring, reporting on, communicating and constantly improving data quality. You will manage a team of Data Quality Analysts that will work alongside our domain data teams to put in place this common approach.
You will play an important role in communicating to senior stakeholders in Wood Mackenzie and to customers on our data quality, how we measure it and demonstrate how we are constantly improving the value of our data.
- Put in place and own a framework to measure and report on data quality in a consistent manner across for Wood Mackenzie
- Lead a team of Data Quality Analysts that are passionate and highly motivated in supporting the business improve and communicate our data quality
- Nurture the talent in the team by creating a culture of constant learning and ownership of personal development
- Gather feedback from key stakeholders in the build out of the framework and actively engage with the wider business to ensure the framework is understood
- Work with the domain experts to define Analytics Ready criteria as measurable targets that are simple and clear to understand, and follow the common framework
- Develop and own data quality reporting and dashboards that clearly set out the current status of our data and the gap to Analytics Ready
- Work with the Data Assets and Research teams to support prioritization of work and resources to where it makes the biggest impact for our customers
- Provide regular reporting to senior managers of the status of the data versus the Analytics Ready measures, highlighting progress against the delivery schedule and areas of risk
About You & How You Can Excel in This Role
You have a passion for data quality and improving processes that increase the value of our data for our customers. You can distil complex data and feedback from the business into the key components and messages required to inform the leadership team of progress and risks. Your excellent BI skills will help you to create a suite of dashboards and presentations to ensure data quality is tracked and continuously improved. You are an excellent communicator – able to speak to and influence all levels of stakeholder across the business
Knowledge & Required Experience
- An undergraduate degree in relevant field strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related experience plus degree or equivalent of work experience in lieu of education
- Able to articulate an engaging vision of what makes high quality data
- Experience in measuring data quality across multiple data domains and reporting against it
- Effective working with teams using an agile framework
- Strong communications skills to stakeholders at all levels in the business
- Able to build strong relationships with people across all sectors and levels in the business
- Expertise designing best in class dashboards that visualize large quantities of data, allowing report users to easily identify unusual or interesting data points or patterns.
- Knowledge in using BI tools, particularly with Power BI, and their capabilities to implement desired visualizations or interaction
- Able to work in a matrix structure in a highly collaborative manner– essential as part of your work with stakeholders in the wider data team, our research teams and development teams.
- Strong interest in the Energy and Natural Resources industry
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.