Facilities Manager (12 month FTC)
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The London Facilities Manager is a full time, FTC position (12 months), responsible for maintaining the efficient running of the facilities and office services in the new, prestigious office space at 22 Bishopsgate in the heart of the city of London.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing processes and procedures to ensure that the office is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the Operations Manager and the office’s ‘Front of House’ team to develop and maintain facilities and services. The Facilities Manager role is expected to be present onsite throughout the working week.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the transition of employees from 16 Business Units into the new premises; comprising over 600 employees based in London, including those from:
- Wood Mackenzie
- Claims (Inc. XW)
- VIS Business Development
- ISO Underwriting
- Verisk Corp Functions
This is a truly exciting career opportunity for an ambitious, tenacious Facilities Manager to assume oversight of one of the most exciting offices in the City of London, which places employee, guest and customer experience at the heart of its design – a truly people-focused workplace destination.
- Manage all ongoing building maintenance tasks, scheduling repairs when necessary
- Liaising with building management to resolve issues outside of tenant demise e.g. air conditioning/temperature issues, blind controls, shared areas etc.
- Organising and overseeing contractors to conduct internal maintenance calls e.g. lighting issues, washroom issues, housekeeping etc.
- Monitoring - office improvements and refurbishments
- Working with Operations Manager to address internal space requirements and to organise / assist with team moves
- Work with the building team to assist with deliveries and contractor access in and out of hours
- Working with Operations Manager to maintain floor plans
- Maintaining office equipment and scheduling repairs as necessary
- Managing PPM supplier and day-to-day management of engineers on site
- Vendor management for facilities and equipment (photocopiers, coffee machines etc.)
- Monitoring stock levels and placing orders with suppliers
- Monitoring stationery supplies and placing orders
- Assisting with meeting room set-up
- Assisting with set up for internal events
- Implementing and maintaining an effective internal and external mail process
- Review and maintain contracts; vendor management
- Assisting with catering for external meetings
- Coordination and liaison with IT team re AV solution, desking booking system, digital signage and content uploads
- Work collaboratively with, coach and mentor other UK Office and Facility Representatives as and where required to ensure a UK-wide joined up approach
- Coach and train internal members of staff where required on Facilities-related tasks
Health & Safety
- Ensuring a safe work environment for all employees
- Ensure the office complies with safety legislation and practices are adopted and adhered to
- Ensure physical security controls are working, tested and adhered to across the floors
- Report all defective H&S equipment to the Operations Manager and arrange for repairs to be carried out
- Ensuring that all aspects of the Fire Risk assessment are maintained at all times – clear fire exits, maintained walking routes
- Managing fire wardens and first aiders and assist with scheduling training and refresher training as necessary
- Provide in-house training on health and safety issues and risks
- Health & Safety inductions for new employees
- Setting up inter-booking deep-clean slots
- Work closely with ‘Front of House’ staff to maintain facilities and services in each department
- Provide cover for Reception desk when required
- Deputise for the Operations Manager in their absence
- Line management responsibility as required of the role
- Experience in a similar role within a corporate environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with property management, contractors and vendors
- Applicants should demonstrate a hands-on and proactive approach
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants should be self-motivated and driven
- Organisation skills, time management and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and make decisions
- Be an energetic, driven individual, a successful negotiator and demonstrate results-oriented mind-set
- Good knowledge and experience of Health & Safety management
- Experience of risk assessment, management of contractor activities, safety management systems
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.