Quality Control Technician II
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
You will be a member of a global QA team responsible for testing the family of Verisk 3E applications. Your prime responsibility is to work with a group of talented software designers, a product designer, and a product manager as part of an Agile Scrum team located in Carlsbad, California. This is not a remote position. You will participate in all relevant Scrum meetings as well as QA team meetings. You will report to the Product Testing Manager and interact closely on a daily basis with your Scrum team members, your manager, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in Verisk 3E solution testing to validate new features, new enhancements, and required upgrades through:
- Participating in all Agile Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily standup, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog grooming
- Reviewing and validating requirements
- Writing Feature/ Smoke/ Regression/ E2E/ API test plans and test cases
- Setting up the test environment
- Performing Feature/ Smoke/ Regression/ E2E/ Exploratory/ API testing
- Capturing test results in Jira and Confluence
- Reporting issues in Jira defects (bug tracking)
- Performing defect fix validation and updating the ticket in Jira
- Documenting all test work products in a shared drive, Jira, and Confluence
· Perform smoke/regression/E2E testing of Verisk 3E applications being rolled into production (before and after roll) on a weekly/monthly basis verifying that those applications are working as intended.
· Work closely with application developers, product designer, product manager, stakeholders and internal/external customers, to ensure the delivered application functionality meets all requirements with high quality.
- 3 or more years of work experience testing one or more of enterprise/web/cloud/mobile applications.
- 3 or more years of work experience in software quality assurance and quality control (verification and validation) in the context of Agile Scrum SDLC methodology, functional and non-functional testing, acceptance testing, regression testing, integration testing, system testing, E2E testing, smoke testing and exploratory testing.
- Work experience in planning, developing and executing test plans and test cases and prioritized risk management testing. Work experience using a test management tool such as Test Rail or Zephyr and a defect/agile software management tool such as Jira.
- You are expected to understand and have a working knowledge of basic QA and QC terminologies, software testing and software quality assurance concepts.
- Working knowledge and experience with API testing methods, protocols, testing types and associated tools.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.