AWS DevOps/Linux Admin
- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a candidate (AWS DevOps/Linux admin) to design, implement, support, administrator and maintain NoSQL Databases in AWS Cloud, who is willing to learn BigData/NoSQL databases administration in the job.
Note: Depending on your experience and qualification you might be eligible for Sign On bonus.
- Assist in the architecture of systems to provide a highly scalable, highly available server structure which provides web services for customers.
- Work closely with application development teams and systems administration to test, troubleshoot, and optimize new and existing network-driven applications.
- Monitor production, test, and development environments and actively pursue any issues limiting the performance and scalability of these systems.
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone, be on-call and occasionally work odd hours to help meet customer service level agreements.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Knowledge of Linux Administration, Linux command line interface.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – EC2, S3, CloudFormation. etc.
- Basic familiarity in: Bash, Web concepts such as REST APIs.
- Some experience with any databases is a plus.
- Must have passion for technology, be eager to learn and focused on automation.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.