- Boston, MA, USA
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Your position as a Product Owner in the product management team will be responsible for contributing to the success of AIR’s Cyber risk modeling platform and products by participating in product planning, requirement development and implementation activities as we transition to a cloud based SaaS platform. You will serve as product owner for multiple scrum teams involved in product development. You will interact with Cyber model developers, client support teams and AIR clients and serve as a subject matter expert to help guide product development.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role:
- Independent product owner one or more scrum teams including:
- Maintaining the team backlog and ticket prioritization and maintenance;
- Working with Product Manager on use case development;
- Driving new features to definitions of ready (DOR) and ensuring team deliverables meet the minimum definition of done (DOD).;
- Remove obstacles to enable the scrum team to maintain a high team velocity.
- Assist product manager with managing features internally and externally, including working directly with internal/external stakeholders and external customers to understand client workflows, product needs and competitive landscape.
- Help identify product gaps as well as opportunities to improve product position in the market.
- Collaborate with software developers, sales, consulting, researchers and subject matter experts – while developing expertise in understanding the use of cyber models and risk analyses in the internationally expanding business of cyber risk management.
- Assist Consulting team in investigating and resolving issues reported in AIR product
• 3-5 years software product consulting, product owner or business analysis experience with a proven track record of successfully releasing software products
• Demonstrated business analysis experience for software development including requirements management, use case development; experience with project management and Agile software development methodologies.
• Experience working with catastrophe/cyber modeling software applications a plus.
• Good understanding of insurance and/or reinsurance industry, including related exposure data, financial terms and catastrophe modeling workflows a plus.
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex projects, including Agile product owner experience. Demonstrated ability to meet challenging schedule, scope and quality objectives.
• Strong analytical skills, quantitative and problem-solving ability;
• Experience developing SaaS products a plus;
• Self-motivated and quick learner, with good organization and time management skills; can work independently
• Good presentation and written communication skills
• BS degree in technical (e.g., engineering, science, math, computer science, statistics or closely related program of study) or business fields. Advanced degree preferred.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.