SDS Authoring Specialist III
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Utilize chemical expertise to create chemical compositions based on chemical ingredients and analyze chemical compositions to determine final product compositions.
- Author complex SDSs using an SDS authoring platform or other means without supervision.
- Mentor SDS authors providing improvement plans, quality management processes around authoring, guidance and support in their learning phase.
- Acts as Project Manager for clients. Lead projects to completion.
- Work to improve existing processes and develop new processes to author SDS
- Provide forecast information for responsible clients to supervisor
- Obtain a good understanding of the financial, business, and other drivers associated with managed services business models.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field required
- Minimum 6-8 years authoring experience required
- Expertise using at least two SDS authoring platform: SAP, WERCS, MSDgen
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Strong team work and customer relationship skills. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of authoring regulations (i.e., EU CLP, US OSHA, Canadian WHMIS, etc.)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge in one and certification in one or more transportation regulation
- Advanced classification skills under at least three classification criteria (i.e. UN Purple book, US OSHA, EU CLP, Canadian WHMIS)
- Proven leadership skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.