- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Join Verisk’s Cloud Engineering team to help drive our migration to the Cloud. Learn and apply knowledge of Cloud-specific technologies and services. Develop and maintain Cloud Formation Templates leveraged by the enterprise. Work with DevOps teams to help drive the migration of systems from on-premise data centers to the Cloud. Engage with multiple business units to prototype new ideas and new technologies and help create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation. Be part of the team leading the design and implementation of Verisk’s Cloud Strategy.
• Work within the Cloud Engineering team to design and execute the technical implementation of applications within AWS
• Work on AWS migration efforts
• Recommend solutions that align with the business needs and requirements
• Provide configuration recommendations and assistance
• Assist in the development of detailed project specifications and implementation plans
- 2+ years of experience in a technical consulting, solution architect, or presales engineering role
- 2+ years of experience in designing, implementation, or consulting with distributed applications
- 2+ of experience with building large-scale enterprise architecture solutions, including security concerns, high availability methods, multiple platforms, hardware considerations, network design, monitoring solutions, virtualization, performance, capacity planning, and information management practices
- Knowledge of development methodologies and experience with Python development
- Experience with AWS and basic cloud architecture
- Good understanding of common security best practices, AWS security best practices. Good understanding of implementing AWS security and governance tools like AWS Cloud Trail, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Shield, and AWS Certificate Manager, is a plus
- Good understanding of configuring, monitoring, and scaling infrastructure and the components.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools and methodologies, CloudFormation, CDK or Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD and configuration management tools and technologies, including Chef, Ansible, Jenkins etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect, Associate or higher is a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.