Direct Supplier Specialist
- Lehi, UT, USA
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
About the Role
Research and normalize data feeds from construction materials suppliers and equipment vendors. You will be expected to organize, maintain, and facilitate data feeds from suppliers and perform data entry tasks. You must also help design the internal software used to manage data entry task. You must manage the relationships we have with current suppliers and expand our current network by persuading additional vendors to partner with our team. You will also be expected to understand a contractor’s business workflow and to train and promote the Direct Supplier product to contractors and material suppliers via conference calls and video presentations. You will work in an office environment in Lehi, Utah with a great team of people.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Organize and maintain the material and equipment database that supports the Structural related data used in Xactware’s estimating products
- Ensure the proper normalization and import of data feeds from third-party suppliers
- Maintain relationships with current third-party suppliers and expand our current list of partners
- Gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ processes, procedures, infrastructure and support needs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and resolution of all issues: technical or non-technical.
- Promote custom projects that improve client’s workflow efficiencies and increase Direct Supplier usage.
- Work on designs and manage implementation projects for Direct Supplier and our internal data entry tool.
- Any other special projects deemed necessary.
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- High School Diploma required; BA/BS preferred
- Two to three years of construction experience
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic required
- Understanding of construction materials and equipment
- Excellent phone etiquette required
- Excellent written and oral communication required; technical writing preferred
- Ability to establish and measure personal goals
- Spanish or French speaking a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.