Regulatory Research Analyst
- Beijing, China
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Maintain and manage 3E’s Global EH&S and food regulatory content coverage for some countries in the Asia Pacific regions (particularly for China, Taiwan and Hong Kong) (including monitoring, researching and analyzing chemical, workplace, EHS and food related regulations)
- Provide regulatory support for internal and external clients (including answering clients’ inquiries, conducting quality assurance and expert review of regulatory data, among other tasks)
- Work with various departments at Verisk 3E in ensuring proper regulatory information dissemination in various companies’ product lines and services.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- B.A./ B.S. (in, e.g., Environmental Science, Political Science, Public Policy, or International Affairs) is a must (Master’s degree or J.D./LLM highly preferred)
- Chinese chemical legislation and compliance knowledge highly preferred.
- EHS/ Chemicals regulatory and/or consumer products (incl. food) regulatory backgrounds
- 1-3 years working experience in regulatory affairs/ EHS arena/ chemicals compliance is preferred
- Native Chinese (Mandarin) speaker and fluency in English are a must
- Reading proficiency in a second one language is a plus
- Excellent analytical, legal research and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Legal/regulatory, public policy, or chemical background highly preferred
- Experience working both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to work independently with a high degree of efficiency with little supervisory oversight
- Able to identify issues/problems and quickly provide solutions (‘outside-the-box thinker’)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.