- Lehi, UT, USA
- Department: Software Development
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Entry Level position. Create quality code to implement design documents and fix bugs while adhering to coding standards.
1. Follow design documents to implement solutions
2. Estimate implementation times based on designs
3. Read through defect descriptions to find and correct defects
4. Suggest product improvements
5. Improve overall efficiency of application
1. Minimum of bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university with minimum 3.0 GPA
2. Ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to complex software problems.
3. Ability to successfully work in a .NET backend leveraging C#.
4. Familiarity with best practices working in a relation database and SQL.
5. Familiarity with RESTful web API concepts and design
6. Ability to contribute over the standard 40-hour workweek if deemed necessary by management but more importantly thru self-motivation when extra time is required to get the job complete.
7. Good written communication skills
8. Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently based on the project requirements
9. Ability to effectively and professionally interact with customers, clients, and other Xactware employees
10.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Additional Skills Desired:
1. Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion
2. A track record of striving for continual personal and professional improvement
3. Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
4. Familiar and proficient with writing effective unit tests
1. General office working conditions and environment
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.