Technical QA II
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
- Department: Information Technology
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of automated tests for software used by insurance market professionals. Works under the direction and supervision of more senior QA Automation Engineers
- Supports execution of test plans primarily automated tests and occasionally manual tests.
- Responsible for creating/maintenance of the automation test suite on their area of assignment and reporting on its current status.
- Provides estimates to seniors QA automation engineers and highlights any difficulty in meeting these targets.
- Works logging and tracking defects towards their resolution closely within QA Team.
- Mentor more junior QA automation engineers via pairing, design review, and code review.
- Constantly working towards automated tests optimisation (implementation and execution).
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience on similar roles.
- Software development skills equivalent to a middle developer.
- Hands-on experience of object-oriented programming, automation testing, data model and relational databases, web architecture and application servers.
- Basic understanding of insurance business processes.
- Self-sufficient in at least one large area of the automation with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Expertise in UI, API and performance automated testing.
- QA Automation engineers must have a middle-profile role in the organization and you must demonstrate your organizational and communication skills to engage the QA team as well as development team.
- Knowledge about build/release/deployment pipeline.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.