Senior Agile Coach
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie is looking for an experienced Agile Coach with excellent problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills to join our industry-leading data analytics company. We are headquartered in Edinburgh where our team is working on a next generation, data analysis & visualization platform utilized by our customer to drive billion-dollar decisions.
We are seeking a hands-on, talented Senior Agile Coach to join our dynamic fast paced Product Team. As a qualified SAFe Program Consultant, the Agile Coach is responsible for coaching, training and mentoring Product Owners, Technical leads, Team Leads, QA leads and Directors to leverage Scaled Agile principles, practices and frameworks in order to deliver high value business capabilities. You will serve as a subject matter expert on introducing agile and scaling agile across the rest of the product organization. Our Senior Agile Coach will embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. We’ll look to you to identify opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Serve as the subject matter expert to instill a culture of measurement with respect to both the impact of the change to the business and the effectiveness of the system of delivery
- Work with teams to assist them in implementing and improving their Agile practices
- Stand up new teams, including providing interactive Agile and ongoing coaching
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team(s) and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable
- Facilitate workshop training on the Scaled Agile framework, principles & methods
- Coach teams on how to remove complex roadblocks and impediments to change and delivery
- Drive continuous improvement through transparency, balance, flow, respect, customer focus, collaboration, and agreement
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness
- Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and business
- Provide subject matter expertise to team members and applicable stakeholders on complex projects for assigned areas of responsibility
- Work with the broader group of Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters to foster an Agile Community of Practice
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
The person that fills this role must be a self-starter who is energized by a challenge, passionate about bringing great products to market and love the thrill of creating a new standard for what’s possible.
- Expert-level experience working directly with Agile teams on projects as an Agile Coach or SPC in a digital product development environment helping teams efficiently deliver software
- SAFe certifications and experience of implementing SAFe
- Experience of delivering Agile training and facilitation across teams and stakeholders
- Experience in presenting and discussing to a large audience, including Associate to Senior Engineers, Architects, Directors and VPs
- Experience working with Agile software development methods; Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Pair Programming
- Familiarity with the product development lifecycle for enterprise SaaS products
- Ability to understand complex issues quickly to identify value streams and slices
- Strong tactical, strategic thinking, problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others to achieve team goals
- Ability to coach, lead and motivate diverse project teams and juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with Agile ALM tools such as JIRA.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.