Junior Full Stack Developer
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
- Department: Information Technology
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for Full Stack Developers (Junior) to develop new features for one of our strategic, web-based products. You’ll be part of a cross-functional, agile team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and back-end technologies, including frameworks like Angular and Entity Framework, and technologies like SQL Server and RabbitMQ. You will need a working knowledge of software engineering principles and processes, including application development and architecture, OOP, clean code, data structures and performance, CI, build/release, testing, Git source control, Agile methodologies, Azure DevOps, and the ability to collaborate with QA and BA team members. We are looking for great candidates who are excited to face new challenges with the support of a highly professional team, eager to learn new technologies, and continuously improve their software development skills.
To write, debug, maintain and test our products (existing ones, new modules on existing applications, or completely new products). Work with other stakeholders (senior developers, dev managers and technical leads, analysis, test, project management, product owners) to complete the work on the agreed timelines and with the required quality.
- Hands-on coding.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Assist in building, maintaining, and supporting component-based web applications, using current and new development technologies.
- Implement and test new features and versions of applications, databases, and utilities.
- Assist with providing third-level support to business users.
- Complete all special projects and duties as assigned.
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field preferred, or equivalent practical experience.
- Basic working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Understanding and use of object-oriented programming, development best practices, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming and thread safety.
- Understanding of data and relational databases, database design, web architecture, and application servers.
- Understanding of unit and integration testing.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of performance and scalability implications in both application architecture and in the detail of code.
- Ability to follow team standards and company policies.
- Ability to create technical documentation, including database and application design.
Technologies and Software:
- C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core
- ASP.NET MVC 5, ASP.NET Web API
- MSTest, Moq
- SQL Server 2014 and greater
- Angular, webpack, Node.js
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Git tools, like posh-git, SourceTree
- PowerShell (beneficial)
- Swagger, Postman (beneficial)
- Dynatrace (beneficial)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.