Americas Senior Analyst
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Americas Senior Analyst will be responsible for US domestic and foreign policy analysis and the production of content on North America more broadly, the English-speaking Caribbean, and some other Latin American jurisdictions. This individual will play a leading role in coordinating content with other regional teams and contribute to some of Verisk Maplecroft’s flagship annual publications, including our geopolitical risk outlook.
Experience in analyzing US politics and foreign policy is essential; experience working with Canadian, Caribbean, and Latin American politics is also desirable. The role blends analytical, forecasting, and commercial responsibilities across the region. The ideal candidate would have significant experience with data analysis and visualizations, the production and delivery of in-depth country and industry analysis, and providing insight for some of the world’s biggest companies.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong track record in using quantitative data sets to produce compelling and insightful visualizations to provide political and ESG risk focused insights for corporate clients. We are seeking a candidate who has, first and foremost, the skillset to use data to tell complex stories to non-expert audiences.
- Deliver data-led insights and quantitively-based visualizations to tell complex stories to non-expert audiences in a succinct and digestible manner.
- Combine expertise on North America with the ability to deploy wider regional insights and a strong general understanding of political and economic developments across the Americas, including the English-speaking Caribbean and Latin America.
- Demonstrate high levels of regional knowledge and country-level expertise in analytical output.
- Supports the production of consistent, sophisticated, high-quality data driven analysis to address key commercially relevant political, economic and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues across the Americas.
- Uses risk indices, analytics and other quantitative capabilities to support qualitative research to bring industry-leading analysis to clients.
- Produces high quality data visualizations to support analytical research.
- Ensures that content remains deeply client focused, data-led, and sector specific where relevant.
- Act as a source of live insight for Verisk Maplecroft’s clients via analyst calls and ad hoc presentations.
- Interacts regularly with contacts and clients at a senior level within a region or sector, understanding priorities, advising and enhancing Maplecroft’s reputation.
- Contributes to the updating and reviewing of Verisk Maplecroft’s qualitative risk indices in accordance with our methodologies and procedures.
- Work with consulting colleagues to deliver research-based consulting requests within agreed cost and timeframe.
- Collaborate with the Verisk Maplecroft sales team to boost client engagement and the identification of business opportunities, including by ensuring in-person analytical support for business development activities.
- Deliver – both individually and at team level – strong thought leadership, including external media, conference, and client-facing engagements, boosting Verisk Maplecroft’s profile and its long-term business opportunities.
- Quantitative data skills including advanced Excel and ability to manage and manipulate large data sets in order to extract analytical insights.
- Ability to understand and create a range of data visualizations.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial needs and pressures across the Americas and expertise on US politics and foreign policy would be a distinct advantage.
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level clients to understand their research needs.
- Ability to persuasively and compellingly present research data to clients in multiple sectors.
- Knowledge of the extractives industry and asset management, particularly in relation to North America, will be a distinct advantage.
- Background in Economics, political science, foreign policy, or related discipline.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Verisk: People Advocate - Believes in the power and potential of those around them. Creates opportunity for development and engagement across teams.
- Verisk: Operator - Applies ownership mindset to every choice they make; acting as if Verisk were their own small business.
- Verisk: Innovator - Creates value by thinking of better products, services, and opportunities. Believes change is essential to survive and thrive.
- Verisk: Culture Creator - Creates and nourishes an environment that best serves and lives up to our responsibility to others. Believes in leaving everything we touch better than we found it.
- Potential: Drive
- Potential: Engage
- Potential: Change
- Potential: Applied Thinking