Business and Human Rights Managing Consultant
- Bath, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk Maplecroft is a trusted advisor to clients from a range of sectors, including natural resources, financial services and consumer goods. Our experienced international consulting practice is structured to provide clients with advice that is based on real substance and which often leverages our unrivalled risk datasets covering over 150 issues and 198 countries globally. Within our global consulting practice, our well-established sustainability team has been at the forefront of the ongoing evolution of business and human rights strategy, management and research for over 15 years.
As a Managing Consultant, you will support the team in the planning, design and delivery of workstreams on large projects as well as management of smaller engagements. You will work closely with client teams, building strong relationships characterized by high levels of trust, and contribute towards business development (e.g. scoping, proposal writing and drafting engaging thought leadership pieces on key business and human rights trends and dynamics).
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of Verisk Maplecroft’s overall human rights and business offerings, promote our human rights work through various public engagements, and support delivery of projects across other sustainability fields.
The role will may also involve a degree of domestic and international travel for short periods of time (i.e. days rather than weeks), depending on project requirements and travel restrictions.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- As a key member of our consulting team, you will work collaboratively to help deliver a range of projects for global clients. Depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate, this is likely to include:
- Development and implementation of corporate human rights due diligence
- Advising on responsible / ethical sourcing and labour rights risks in supply chains
- Conducting all elements of human rights impact / risk assessments
- Policy, reporting and disclosure support
- Developing online human rights dashboards and information portals
- Issue and sector-specific research and analysis to inform strategy formulation and decision making
- Supporting business development activities, including project scoping with clients, proposal writing and creating engaging thought leadership material
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
At least five years of relevant professional experience, ideally encompassing consulting and/or client-side business and human rights experience
- A track record of hands on, practical experience of managing and/or delivering human rights projects
- Excellent communications skills across oral, written and slide deck formats
- Strong analytical skills and experience using various analytical frameworks and techniques such as gap assessment, benchmarking, risk/impact assessment, etc.
- Good understanding of current and emerging business and human rights-related legal frameworks and regulatory requirements (ranging from the UNGPs, ILO conventions and IFC Performance Standards to domestic modern slavery and labour rights laws)
We also recognise the human rights field is evolving rapidly and becoming more mainstreamed within business. Therefore, we welcome applications from candidates who may not meet all the above criteria but have been exposed to human rights issues indirectly through previous roles, such as socio-economic impact assessment, ESG analysis, corporate communications, etc.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.