Senior Developer II
- Lehi, UT, USA
- Department: Software Development
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
Some of the benefits to working at Xactware include working on applications that support professionals across the globe, flexible hours, and a great building with views of Utah Valley.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Daily Agile Scrum meetings where you get to say what you have been working on and what you will work on.
- You get to choose the task you want to work on next.
- Sometimes you will pair program. You will always collaborate with your team.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Work on fun and exciting problems and features.
- Work with QA to resolve bugs.
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- 5-10 years of experience or similar ability in software development
- Mastered the platforms you are developing on
- Excellent understanding and exposure to API's and consuming RESTful services
- Excellent ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to complex software problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software development tools and agile processes
- Excellent software development skills with good speed, without sacrificing quality
- Contributor that needs little to no supervision or micromanagement
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take on the most difficult and complex tasks on the team and successfully completes them
- Excellent team player. Responsive, pro-active, fast, and thorough
- Consistently is a mentor to others on the team
- A keen eye for design flaws and performance problems
- An ability to provide feedback to product and management on what they think could be improved or changed
- Champions good design patterns, clean code, and agile processes
- Completely reliable
- Excellent and deep knowledge of continuous integration concepts and processes
- Excellent development skills including writing clean code, design patterns, SOLID, writing maintainable and flexible code, and code architecture
- Is a go-to person on a team
- Ability to work in an office environment with reasonable accommodation
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.