Fall Co-Op Program - IS&T Chief Data Officer (CDO) Program Management Office (PMO) - CR
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Co-Op will provide support for the CDO Group Efficiency Program to coordinate documentation updates and project coordination.
The position will assist in the coordination of efficiency efforts with the guidance of a senior project manager. There will be opportunity to independently work on activities during throughout the internship.
This position will provide support for several of the program’s efficiency processes and associated support activity including: Collecting spend data and initial analysis, coordinating engagement of Procurement teams and business units, scheduling follow-ups, updating templates/checklists and other supporting documentation.
The Co-Op will assist with the delivery of the program needs in cooperation with the CDO PMO. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist in gathering collected data for a business case
- Engage with identified resources where necessary to collect further details based on SS&P validation responses
- Assist in collecting Scorecard info and KPI’s
- Validate with Business reported savings
- Reviewing documentation for completeness
- Updating meeting minutes
- Learning the Project Methodology process and assisting Project Managers with day to day project requirements
- Demonstrating leadership around the activities he/she is assigned
- Demonstrating the ability to the support the CDO PMO to achieve the required program goals
The Co-Op Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g. H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the co-op role.
- College student in junior or senior year working to obtain a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or Mathematics with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work 40 hours/ week as part of their university's Co-Op program
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to engage in team meetings, activities and project work
- Able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- All candidates must have eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.