HazMat Response Team Specialist
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Are you looking to join a company that is energetic, vibrant and growing? Verisk 3E is leading the future in the document management and supply chain areas of the environmental, health and safety industry. At Verisk 3E, we pride ourselves as being the guardians of environmental compliance and exist to make the world a safer place. We are seeking individuals who believe in our mission and will contribute to our team vision. If you like to be challenged and are looking to advance your career in a fast-paced work environment, then Verisk 3E might be the place for you.
We are hiring for a HazMat Response Team Specialist. This position will be based in our 24-7-365 call center at our corporate headquarters in Carlsbad, CA. If you have 4 or more years of technical training or field experience dealing with hazardous materials, we want to talk to you!
What we’re looking for:
- Self-motivated, quick learning individuals
- Team players with the ability to multi-task
- People who deliver quality customer experiences
- Individuals that can remain calm and at ease during times of high stress
- Technical training or field experience dealing with hazardous materials is a plus!
What you’ll get in return:
- A group of friendly individuals that work hard and focus on successes as a TEAM
- Work with a close-knit group of people that support one another like a family
- Dedicated management team that focus on employee development
- To join an industry leader that is continually recognized and rewarded for their innovation and experience
- This position is repetitive in nature; however, there is never a dull moment in the call-center.
As an HazMat Response Team Specialist you will be:
Responsible for providing timely and accurate chemical spill & bloodborne pathogens clean-up, storage, and handling advice, timely and accurate monitoring of spill situations when necessary and appropriate, timely and accurate documentation of all communication according to department policies and procedures, and timely and accurate report notification to local, state, and federal agencies when appropriate.
Responsible for level II Transportation assistance. Creating and/or providing shipping paper instructions utilizing internal/external classification data, SDS classification and/or regulations specific to 49 CFR, IMDG, IATA, TDG. In addition, the employee will be responsible to provide authorization of potential hazmat products on commercial airlines. At all times, the employee will be responsible to inspect data and applicable references to ensure accurate information is provided.
Responsible to access spill situations, confirm injuries or exposures, provide spill mitigation instructions, hazard communication, to clients globally utilizing SDS information and/or client protocols.
Responsible to determine and manage Emergency Response situation on the clients behalf. Providing mitigation measures, communicating hazards, dispatching ER contractors, monitoring spill cleanup process and researching agency notification requirements.
May be required to perform employee training in the area(s) of waste, spill, ER or transportation services according to the appropriate regulations, department and/or client processes.
Responsible for providing timely and accurate support of SDS requests.
Responsible for providing timely and accurate support of Poison Control incidents.
Responsible for providing timely and accurate support of 3E Online and other Hotline related tasks such as materials ordering and call routing.
Responsible to complete and/or produce client injury reports, obtain and record client spill questionnaires, send client welcome letters, client activity reports, etc.
Responsible for submitting client activity billing for services rendered including activity reporting.
Responsible for monitoring calls in queue and to ensure that our clients are serviced within the department standards
- Minimum 4 years of technical training and field experience relating to hazardous waste management, spill management, disposition and site remediation or equivalent.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate waste characterizations according to department response guidelines.
- Current or previous 40 Hour Hazwoper certification required
- Experience in Hazard Communication
- Minimum 3 years of transportation technical certification and field experience in DOT, IATA, IMDG, and TDG required.
- Excellent customer service skills. 2-3 years customer service background or related experience.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-tasked to meet numerous response times and deadlines
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Word, Access, and Excel
- High School Diploma Required
- Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (3-6 months)
Expected Work Schedule:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Off
- Monday through Friday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: Off
(Must have the ability to be flexible with schedule to meet call center staffing needs)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.