Data QA Automation Engineer
- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Act as QA lead on a wide variety of data intense projects
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases and test data for back-end data intense applications
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application and data quality.
- Test ETL systems in Pentaho which includes Data Analysis, Test Data Creation in different format/input files and Testing regulated data – majority in a scripted automated environment.
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
1 to 3 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance, back-end data testing and Data QA Automation
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of a programming/scripting language – Python, Scripting, JAVA
- Proficient in SQL queries and Relational Database concepts, Aurora Postgres, data structures and data operations in general.
- Expertise in data workflow testing, data analysis, Test Data Creation in different format/input files along detailed data verification testing with handling regulated data
- Experience in ETL testing - Pentaho / Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages
- Knowledge or experience with API/Web services testing
- Experience with testing tools like Postman and JMeter is a plus
- Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, JSON etc.)
- Knowledge or Experience in AWS Services is a plus, but not required.
- Sound technical background, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- A wholesome QA resource with an ability to put together test plan and test case scenarios, create test data and verify output using scripted scenarios
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable QA automation workflows
- Proficient in developing and implementing automated tests preferably in Python
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.