Supplier Relations Specialist
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Supplier Relations Development:
- Manage supplier accounts to maximize our obtainment efforts as well as identify business opportunities to create a value-added partnership with suppliers
- Identify and build relationships with key supplier contacts and customizing approach/service based on supplier preferences for engagement with3E
- Partner with suppliers to create procedures that facilitate their ability to provide client-required documentation in a timely and efficient manner
- Train suppliers on systems and tools available to facilitate obtainment as well as suppliers ability to provide necessary information
- Develop supplier-specific strategies to build relationships, get client leads, enhance supplier experience and generally contribute to improved client satisfaction by more successful obtainment efforts
- Identify opportunities to cross sell 3E services/support to suppliers/manufacturers as well as new potential business development opportunities
- Develop ideas and needs for product development for future system enhancements or products
Department Specific Activities:
- Support obtainment team and all their related activities including but not limited to web searches, obtainment requests via phone and email, as well as proactive communication to Client Services/Sales on challenges and possible resolutions
- Interpret and enter information into 3E System/application as required for the support of 3E services
- Ensure professional corporate image and communication (relationship building) to both internal & external customers
- Work in a team environment to successfully achieve the department and company goals.
- Maintain workload within standard and proactively communicate barriers/delays
- Ensure 3E Compliance with standards and quality initiatives
- Support management as required / needed
- Strong interpersonal communication with suppliers or clients in a relationship-focused business/department, preferably SaaS
- Proven success developing relationships/partnerships with suppliers or clients, strengthening communication and identify business opportunities
- Technical aptitude for conceptual development of system features with user/supplier needs as the driving factor
- Proactive communication with team, cross functional departments, suppliers and management
- Excellent time management and capability to prioritize competing tasks and problems
- Creative thinking abilities for anticipating challenges as well as generating solutions for problems
- Must possess strong project management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, be detailed oriented and identify as well as solve problems effectively with some supervision
- Must be able to foster team spirit and work in a team environment
- Background in working with information management and knowledge of Microsoft Office preferable
- Must have good Internet browsing skills to locate manufacturer websites and research manufacturer information.
- Must be fluent in English (written & spoken).
- Knowledge of a 2rd language would be considered an asset. Preferred languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese & Japanese.
- High-School diploma required with 2-3 years similar work experience; college degree preferred.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.