Front End Software Developer (React)
- Kraków, Poland
- Department: Information Technology
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk Insurance Solutions’ claims analytics group is looking for a Front end Developer to join our team. The team is a dedicated resource for multiple data science teams for deploying and operationalizing machine learning processes. We combine MLFlow’s flexibility with lots of in-house engineering on AWS leveraging GraphQL, DynamoDB, and event-driven architecture to automate the handshake between data science and production software.
Join us if you are a developer, data scientist or ML engineer looking to build software supporting MLOps; or a software engineer with a keen understanding of ML-based development!
- Work with data scientists to understand model use case and requirements for deployment.
- Provide appropriate API design guidance to make data science inference stateless and ephemeral.
- Develop inhouse fullstack applications for supporting data science self-service for deployment and downstream monitoring.
- Provide guidance to data scientists on DevOps and Agile practices and tooling like versioning, IaC, CI/CD etc.
- Comfortable writing unit tests for model predictions on sample data to ensure deployment quality
- Knowledge on working with responsive design
- Experience with front end workflow processes and tools (NPM, Webpack, Sass)
- Good understanding of client-server model, application design and Git workflow
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Strong interest towards learning new technologies
Good to have:
- Understanding of cloud and cloud services (AWS)
- Experience working with scripting languages such as python
- Understanding data science lifecycle
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.