Head of Europe and Central Asia
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- Department: Research
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The Head of Europe and Central Asia role blends analytical, line management and commercial responsibilities. The ideal candidate would have significant experience with data analysis and visualisations, the management of high-performing teams, and providing insight for some of the world’s biggest companies.
Role Purpose: Verisk Maplecroft’s Europe and Central Asia team is responsible for delivering the company’s qualitative analysis and forecasts relating to political, economic, security and regulatory risks across the region. The team works closely with our Human Rights and Environment thematic subject matter experts, data analysts, consultants, operations staff and sales representatives within Verisk Maplecroft on products relevant to the extractives, financial services and other sectors.
The Head of Europe and Central Asia is accountable for leading the operations of the team and implementing the strategic objectives of the business. This individual will play a leading role in coordinating the workflows across the team, ensuring content meets clients’ needs and is consistently delivered on time. He or she will act as a key decision-maker on all operational matters in the team, including, but not limited to, content priorities, attendance at events, and in-country travel. A key responsibility of this individual is to coordinate the production of relevant, deeply analytical, data-led, and implications-focused commercial analysis. This role will require a proven ability to produce analysis that is informed by data and uses appropriate visualisations, as well as to guide a team in doing so.
The Head of Europe and Central Asia also closely advises the Head of Risk Insight on operational and line management questions. The role includes significant line management responsibilities. The individual is required to ensure these staff members have clear workflows, are commercially focused, and work effectively with colleagues across the business, but particularly in Consulting, Analytics and Sales and Marketing. A key responsibility also includes the professional development of analysts, and to ensure maintenance of an efficient and motivated team.
· Manage the operational workflow of the Europe and Central Asia team to enable the timely delivery of high-quality products, on often tight deadlines
· Ensure a significant level of quantitative proficiency in the analysis of data, articulation of data-led insights, and creation of relevant quantitively-based visualisations.
· Combine expertise on core European and Central Asian countries and themes with the ability to deploy wider regional insights and a strong general understanding of political and economic developments across the Eurasian continent including at the country level.
· Demonstrate high levels of regional knowledge and country-level expertise in analytical output.
· Work with consulting colleagues to translate research-based consulting requests into deliverables that are appropriately priced and successfully implemented within agreed cost and time constraints.
· Ensure the team’s collaboration with the Verisk Maplecroft sales team to boost client engagement and the identification of business opportunities, including by ensuring in-person analytical support for business development activities.
· Deliver – both individually and at team level – strong thought leadership, including external media, conference and client-facing engagements, boosting Verisk Maplecroft’s profile and its long-term business opportunities.
· Ensure the long-term development of direct reports in terms of skills, expertise and career aspirations.
· Negotiate with account managers and the Head of Risk Insight team to ensure that effective resource utilisation and client satisfaction is matched by respect for capacity constraints.
· Strong line management skills including the ability to guide the career development of a team of analysts.
· Quantitative data skills including advanced Excel and ability to manage and manipulate large data sets in order to extract analytical insights.
· Ability to understand and create a range of data visualizations.
· Detailed knowledge of commercial needs and pressures across Europe and Central Asia. Knowledge and expertise of Russia and the former Soviet Union would be a distinct advantage.
· Comfort in engaging with senior-level clients to understand their research needs.
· Ability to persuasively and compellingly present research data to clients in multiple sectors.
· Knowledge of the extractives industry and asset management, particularly in relation to Europe and Central Asia, will be a distinct advantage.
· Background in Economics, political science, or related discipline.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.