Research Analyst – Oil & NGL’s Markets
- Beijing, China
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The focus of this role will be to conduct fundamental analysis pertaining to Asian oil markets that will provide useful and insightful analysis for our clients. The role holder will closely monitor and assess key market events and commercial developments in the downstream oil markets, assess assets and companies, and analyse short- and long-term industry data to contribute to /produce regional research content for Macro Oils, PMS, REM, and PetroPlan services.
The candidate should be keen to develop industry and client relationships, focus on supporting the commercialization of our oils service, learn about the intricacies of the regional market and its impact on international markets, and understand how it interacts with other commodity markets. A client-centric and commercial approach will be essential to deliver success in the role.
- Gather and organise global energy data (related to crude and products markets and refining assets) from different sources in a timely manner, bringing information together to enhance fundamental supply/demand knowledge, refining margins and benchmarking parameters.
- Benchmark and forecast global/regional refinery operations: refinery runs (crude and feedstock), refinery maintenance and expansion, refining margins, cracks etc.
- Contribute in the development of modelling tools to develop strategies around the crude market and refining sector analysis.
- Regularly produce original analysis, publications and presentations that influence clients’ business perspectives and support the analytics team on ad-hoc analysis of events impacting oil markets
- Interact regularly with clients, advising at a senior level within a region or sector, to enhance WoodMac’s reputation as a trusted authority.
- Regularly provide innovative ideas, scenarios and solutions to support improvements in internal processes or quality of research/service to clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in Asian Oil/Petroleum Industry
- Prior experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experiencing developing/maintaining models built in Excel, Python, or other big data programming languages
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field such as business, finance, economics, earth science or engineering
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.