- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Develop scripts to load different types of file and automate them through Airflow/Pentaho or ETL application.
- Develop file processing applications using python/java or C#.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Research required data
- Handle common database issues and procedures
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Prepare documentations and specifications
Qualification: Bachelor’s in computer science / Engineering.
Experience Required : 2+ years of experience working in TSQL/PLSQL.
Skills and Expertise:
- Experience or Knowledge in AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience or Knowledge in relational SQL, Snowflake and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, working with the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem
- Good working knowledge of python or Java or C#.
- Experience or Knowledge in Airflow system, Tableau.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting.
- Design and implement the development and release process including CICD based strategies
- Strong knowledge in SQL scripting, procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience in data loading, analytics, logical and problem solving
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Knowledge in DTS packages
- Have experience working in MS Excel macros is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies as per requirement of the Project
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.