Full Stack .Net Developer
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements, services and infrastructure.
- Build and manage reliable software in a service-oriented environment, have such software operate at high-performance, demonstrated scalability and high reliability
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting web application/content/search solutions
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Review work done by other developers to ensure adherence to the best practices
- Serve as a liaison between local and onsite team
- Mentor junior team members in proper software engineering methods and techniques, and develop programming guidelines to ensure these methods are accessible to other developers
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: At least 5 years of professional experience in web-based application development
Skills and Knowledge - What you should bring to the role:
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Leadership and ability to guide design and technical meetings
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders. Ability to elaborate and convert business requirements into technical requirements, create architecture and design documents for the stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cloud-based applications would be a strong plus point
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities and keeping a team focused on most important features
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications
- C# / ASP.NET / MVC technology, JSON, Web API, .Net Frameworks 4.5+ and .Net Core 3.1+
- Must have Angular 2+ knowledge and other Frontend technologies like React or Vue would be plus.
- SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB, DynamoDB, MSSQL and/or Postgres)
- Experience in cloud and server-less technology preferably AWS; AWS services like EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, AWS Batch, Athena, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tools and deep understand of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Multi-threaded programming experience in both procedural and functional paradigms
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.