Head of Credit Risk
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
- Department: Analytics Community
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Argus Information and Advisory Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and the leading provider of analytics, information and solutions to consumer banks and their regulators. Argus helps its clients maximize the value of data and analytics to allocate and align resources to strategic objectives, manage and mitigate credit risk (default, fraud, funding and compliance), and optimize financial objectives.
Our professionals have substantial industry knowledge, typically greater than fifteen years of experience, in providing solutions to the financial services sector. We are known for our unique ability to blend the highly technical, data-centered aspects of our projects with expert communication and business knowledge.
We maintain offices in New York, San Francisco, Sydney, Melbourne, London and India and employ approximately 900 professionals.
The Head of Credit Risk role is responsible for overseeing the Credit Risk & Forecasting products at Argus. This includes developing the strategy for credit risk and forecasting solutions, managing the delivery of solutions to clients, and leading a team of highly driven team of quantitative modelers and software developers to deliver the solutions to our financial services clients.
This position performs the following duties personally and through the management of their team:
- Drives the overall product and solutions development plans & strategy, including meeting revenue targets, managing customers, and the evolution of the analytical platform from which we deliver our solutions
- Maintains and communicates a clear view of the changing market landscape for credit risk and forecasting, including evolving regulatory requirements for our clients
- Lead the development of “best in class” forecasting models and methodology that are critical in the rapidly evolving regulatory and business landscape and work with the software development team in the integration into analytical platform
- Coach and develop a team of Risk Management and Forecasting professionals to meet and exceed specific client project and engagement deliverables
- Lead the Forecasting, Modeling and Stress Testing solutions projects and communication of the results of the deliverables to client. Lead conversations to design the appropriate approach and options and direct and supervise the team in the execution of the forecast solutions; review all deliverables for quality and accuracy; diagnose and remediate any unexpected model results and performance
- Maintain existing client relationships to manage their expectation, and to guide the future product and service enhancements and support
- Collaborates closely with the clients and internal solution subject matter experts to existing solutions and to find solutions to client or potential engagements
- Lead revenue generation and new sales efforts in collaboration with the marketing and business development team including proposal drafts, marketing collateral, product demos, and budget plans
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 10+ years Credit Risk or Business Forecasting, modeling or analytics experience required
- Graduate's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
- Practical knowledge of quantitative risk solutions including models, financial analysis techniques and methodologies
- Proven ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information
- Strong understanding of statistical predictive modeling / forecasting approaches and understanding / experience of analytical programming languages SAS, SQL, R, Python and Advance Excel required
- Proven interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation and writing skills
- Thrives in a highly competitive environment and is not satisfied unless they and their team are winning and exceeding
- Ability to successfully lead and execute projects; ability to manage and direct a team of experts and to collaborate with other functional areas or teams in the firm towards a successful execution of project deliverables that meets or exceeds client expectations.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.