Software Release & Delivery Engineer
- Columbus, OH, USA
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
• Work directly with development teams, QA, Product, and Operations to maintain and manage release schedules. Maintain stakeholder lists and create automated messaging and notification systems. Identify, document, and communicate dependencies across teams and deliverables. Create and manage scheduled and Ad Hoc delivery plans including key milestones across multiple teams.
• Document and establish processes required to transition application releases across multiple Dev and QA environments. Perform additional QA and review steps to further reduce defects.
• Develop, distribute, and update detailed release documentation as well as any required instructions to internal staff. This includes any updated support instructions for client services.
• Develop, maintain, and update internal technical documentation such as secure delivery procedures, and best practices for customer implementation.
• Performs analysis and design of application delivery and support requirements for the ongoing enhancement of the company's software products and services.
• Research and implement emerging Quality and software revision techniques and technologies based upon technical and business merit.
• Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
• Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• High School Diploma required; Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science or related field or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities highly preferred.
• 2 or more years of progressively responsible related experience in an information technology position. Agile / SCRUM experience a plus.
• Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems, Software development lifecycles and delivery, Windows applications, and Cloud computing concepts and best practices.
• Basic knowledge of the SQL language, database principals, and other forms of data storage. Microsoft SQL Server and or AWS Aurora experience a plus.
• Expert knowledge of software quality, automation, and release principles.
• Basic knowledge of security best practices and segregation of duties principals.
• Ability to maintain and be responsible for company equipment such as notebooks, PDAs and cell phones.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet standard response times and deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees and client staff.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice